My search for a backpack as an amateur photographer and hiker with a dog
I have been using the orange Lowepro Photo Sport 200 AW for lugging my camera while traveling and hiking. It has served me well for more than 3 years. I have used it a lot and now, it is dirty and I accidentally poked a hole on one of the hip belt pockets. I still plan to continue to use it, but I think it’s time to look for another backpack.
My requirements in a backpack:
- Lightweight and comfortable.
- Padded compartment for my camera gear that can house at least my Canon + 24-70mm lens and a wide-angle lens.
- Space for a day’s worth of clothing and essentials.
- Water bottle pocket.
- At least one hip belt pocket.
- Fits a 13″ laptop; doesn’t have to be a dedicated compartment.
- At least water-resistant; or rain cover available if not.
Below are features that I would love to have, but do not require (sorted by priority):
- At least one hip belt pocket that fits my cellphone.
- Trekking pole mount.
- Removable camera compartment.
- Attachment points to attach additional gear or accessories.
I am currently looking for recommendations and doing some research on prospective backpacks. If you have any recommendations, please comment below.
Step 2: Initial impressions and comparisons
Step 3: Final decision and search for the best price
Step 4: Review after 2-5 months of use