It all started with booking two vacations back to back. The first one was a Southern Caribbean cruise for just my husband and me. Right after that was a family vacation with only my parents, brother and nephew. I was very excited!
My husband and I went on our vacation all ready for adventure.
When I say adventure, I really meant ADVENTURE…
Then the last day of our cruise came and it was time to go home. It’s always sad to end a vacation. But I wasn’t. I was ready for my next adventure. Until I realized the cards have a different kind of adventure planned for me for the next days.
Our flight from San Juan, Puerto Rico got delayed for 3 hours and the earliest time they could get us back to NY was 11:05am the following day. I got worried coz the flight for my next trip was at 1:30pm that same day we were now arriving in NY! So here were the events that followed:
- I called my parents to take with them an empty carry-on and my portable hard drive (you’ll understand later).
- My parents picked us up at the airport.
- At the “pick-up” area, I transferred my dirty laundry from my previous trip to the empty carry-on.
- A lot of the photos my husband took from our trip were for his project that was due in a few days. They were all saved in my laptop. I started copying the photos to the portable hard drive so my husband can take it with him.
- My husband took over the car and dropped the family at the other terminal for our 1:30pm flight to Orlando.
- My husband parked the car as we wait for all the photos to get copied to the portable hard drive. There were 70+gb of photos!
- After all photos were copied, my husband took the car, portable hard drive and the rest of our luggage from the first trip and went home.
- My family and I checked in, went through Security and waited to board our plane. I breathed a sigh of relief looking forward to the vacation that was about to start.
But wait! It got worse…