Bouquet Trial #1: Hydrangea

10 Responses

1. Ashley says:

Gorgeous! I wish we had a place where I could buy cheap flowers.

2. Nicole-Lynn says:

Love this! Beautifully inexpensive!

3. Kristin says:

When will you do your bouquets, the night before? Also, do you think they will wilt throughout the day? I would like to do my own flowers as well and this is beautiful!

4. Aylee says:

@ Ashley and Nicole-Lynn: Thank you :)

@ Kristin: I am planning to do it the day before. The hydrangeas lasted about 2-3 days after I bought it. I only placed the bouquet in water – no fridge or cold room.

I will be doing carnations hopefully this weekend. I think they’re pretty when bunched together and they last a long time.

5. Ati of Gekd Boutique says:

Aylee, you did a fabulous job! I cannot wait to see the fruits of your labor when your wedding is said and done. I also adore the nautical knot that you’ve tied into it, as well.

6. Your bouquet looks gorgeous! I really like the knot detail!

7. wanda says:

Hi! I love the bouquet. I really want to do my own flowers for my wedding. Where did you get your flowers in the flower district? Thanks!

8. Aylee says:

Wanda… I’m not exactly sure of the name of the store. But it’s on 28th St, between 6th and 7th Ave, on the south side of the street. I usually browse through all the stores in that block :)

9. Jessica says:

I really love the look of both bouquets. Have you considered using a bunch of mini callas in white? I don’t know if you’d be able to creat as much fullness, but the stems are a good bit thicker.

10. Kristin says:

Just a suggestion to get the stems thicker – you can use cut stems from other flowers – my florist suggested this to me and I think it may work for you too!