Passport Invitation template

The passport invitation template is now available (passpost save-the-date coming soon)!  The basic template is free while the pre-designed one is available for a fee.  Click here to purchase the pre-designed template.  Passport size is 3.5″x5″.

Basic template (DOC) 304kb – free
Pre-designed template (DOC & PDF) 5.36mb – $10 forever! :) until 3/12/09, $20 after that
     ** Click here to purchase **
Custom passport invitation/save-the-date – $50

The pre-designed template is based on the passport invitation below that I created before.

Passport Invitation - cover

Passport Invitation

Passport Invitation

Passport Invitation template - cover

Passport Invitation template

Passport Invitation template

Click here to purchase the pre-designed template.

71 Responses

1. Adreean says:

Hello!! I have the design passport tmeplate for my destination wedding and I am going crazy with getting them to print properly front and back with the pages in the right order. Any suggestions please? I used Word, is there a better program that would be easier? Thanks so much!!

2. Danielle says:

I was wondering if the logo on the front of the passport could be changed to the Cuban Monogram and on the inside if the text could be changed to Canada??
    Also is there a Certain program you need to work with these templates??

Thanks :)

3. Erica says:

Hi! I was wondering if anyone was able to replace the United Statws of Marriage text with different wording, for some reason when I try to change Marriage to Birthday it deletes the entire thing and I cannot retype..please help!

4. Zshne says:

@Jasmine, i downloaded the free template and changed the wedding part by just re-typing it just as if i originally created it. And no you do not have to make a new text box just edit the one that is there.

5. Jasmine says:

I am doinig a safari theme for my daughters 1st birthday. What wording should I use? Can the stamps be changed to be about birthday and not wedding

6. hershey says:

HI aylee i really love to use your template. i already ordered the template and excited to receive pls confirm and sent it to me asap..thank much

7. zshne says:

how did u get your text box to rotate i want to replace where it says united states of marriage on the third page. im using this for my sweet 16, not a wedding

8. Aylee says:

Hi Zshne, the eagle is part of the pre-designed template which is available for $10. To purchase, please go to http://www.ayleebits.com/templates.htm

9. zshne says:

HOW CAN I GET THE EAGLE MONOGRAM?

10. zshne says:

thx!!! been looking all over google for something like this!
    a night in paris themed sweet sixteen. so excited!

11. Tiffiney says:

Judging from the comments i’m seeing in trying to determine how easy or difficult it is to DIY passports…might I suggest that that you create YouTube videos on the steps to create the passport invitations and other items from your templates. This would significantly increase your business. Just a helpful recommendation from a marketing analyst!

12. Rosa Hinojosa says:

Do you do passport invitations for baby showers

13. Desiree Brown says:

I did finally figure it out, thank you though! Now, my problem is that when I insert a text box onto the page, it covers up the background design so that where the text it, it’s just white rather than text on top of the design. I have fiddled around with this and cannot figure it out! I’m sure I am making this much harder than it really should be, but if anybody could help me out, I would love it!

14. Dannika says:

Put the picture in a text box and then place it inside the box. You can also replace the box with the text box. Hope this helps.

15. Desiree says:

I am having trouble getting the photo inside the designated box in Microsoft Word. Does anybody know how to do this? It just keeps putting the picture in the corner. Thank you!

16. Modern accumulation of templates ! The last one is modern and I will employ now in my latest wordpress site without css modification.

17. Talisa says:

I LOVED this template. I am so happy with the way that mine came out. I only had to do 12, thank goodness, because I am sending them to everyone who is coming to our destination wedding location with us. I am sending them out with luggage tags. I would love to send you pictures of the way they came out.

18. giselle says:

I am having so much trouble printing the pages in order!! PLease Help!!! thanks!!

19. Aylee says:

Hi Lindsay… the background is an image inserted into the template.

20. Lindsay Vinluan says:

Hello! I too love the passport wedding invitation idea! I would like to know how you got the background with the stamps on them or are there paper preprinted with them on it? I’ve been looking around for those type of paper/cardstock with no luck, or I’ve been finding paper that are double sided with a different design on the other side.

LV

21. katie b says:

hi julie, i am from australia, and purchased the $10 passport and googled our symbol and deleted the on the template, the template is REALLY easy to use and you can put whatever you want on there! Hope this helps :)

22. Julie s says:

HI
    I love the wedding passport invite and would like to purchase a template for one
    but would like a UK style wedding passport logo (the lion and think its a unicorn)Do you do a uk type one at all or are you thinking of doing 1 ????
    its for my daughte for 2012 sometime ???
    Thanks please reply
    J x

23. Laura Moegenburg says:

Jenene –

I purchased the passport template and made the invitations for a friend – what sort of help do you need – maybe I can walk you through it.

Laura

24. Jenene Dempsey says:

I need help my does not look like what is on the internet

25. Victoria says:

Love your invitation template but I was wondering what type of paper do you print them out on (printing, cardstock, etc..) and what is the measurements of the invite I’m almost done with my template and need to print them out asap! Thank you!

26. Kenny says:

Hi,

Thank you so much for sharing this! I’ve tried contacting you via the contacts page a while ago but I’m not sure if you received the email :( I’m really interested in the custom passport save the date.

Please if you get a sec, get back to me~~~ :)

27. Gelene Brown says:

I am interest in the passport invitation and the escort card. I was wondering if you do the printing also.

28. LS says:

I too, am looking to purchase the passport SAVE THE DATE, not the passport invitation. What is shown above with “Passport” in caps on the front, and “Save the Date” in script right under it. Where can we find this? THANKS SO MUCH FOR ANY HELP! Very creative ideas!

29. Laura says:

I just purchased passport invitation template – what I really wanted was the save the date template – is it completed for purchase? I will purchase it as well – I like the monogram that is on there.

30. Cathy says:

Hi

I want to buy your template I just want to know what paper you recommend and can I use a regular printer for the passport?

31. Ger says:

Hi,
    We have decided on a travel theme for our wedding too and love your designs.
    I was wondering how long it takes if we order a custom template?

Thanks!

32. Tiffany says:

What paper did you use for the cover/back and inside pages for the passport invites?

33. Nicole says:

Hi. Wondering what the best stock is to use, and what others have done for envelopes. this is great! thank you!! By the way, I used your boarding pass templates and my guests LOVED them!

34. Michele says:

Hello:

So you can just purchase the template, and print off as many as you like? I love the passport invitations. I’m using them for my destination wedding in Jamaica next year.

Thanks.

35. Anastasia says:

I have one more question. I went for a tril run on the print job and was unsucsessful. Is there a special printer i should use? how do i get the pages to print like 2 and 3 on one page from the computer. I know how to do it at the printer itself. But i wanted to issue the comand before i got to the printer. Can i take my design to Kinkos or something like that to have it printed correctly?

Thanks for your help

36. Aylee says:

Hi Anastasia. To add text, insert a text box in the page/s you want your text in. You can find info on working with images in MS Word at http://wordprocessing.about.com/od/worki.......t_Word.htm.

37. Anastasia says:

2 questions since I am unable to see the answers from the other people that have posted. 1 How do I edit the template and 2 how do i add extra clip art and stamps on there?

38. Jennifer says:

I just bought the template also, and I was thinking I would have them printed @ kinkos and just put them in an envelope. I was wondering how I should put the pages together after they are printed. Any thoughts? I was thinking maybe using a flat ribbon?

39. Keila G says:

do you just put them in the envelope you mail or in a pocketfold first or do you have an inexpensive idea?

40. Keila G says:

Hey Girl,
    I have been working on my template but When I fill in the accomodations and extra info the text box wont show the backround with the stamps how can I write over them and still see the backround?

41. Jenn says:

We just purchased the template and I am having a hard time finding some of the fonts. Do you have a list of which ones you used?

Thanks!

42. keila says:

Love the passport invites. What kind of card stock do you use and can I print on a regular printer?

43. Aylee says:

Hi Nej… no problem :). If you want to use my templates, you can download them at http://www.ayleebits.com/templates

44. neJ says:

Hi i like your idea in the passport invitation. Actually we are getting married next year and i’m thinking of unique invitation and when i browse on the internet I saw your layouts. Can I ask if I can used your layout for my invitation just the concept because we really like it and also because we love to travel.

Thanks you very much

45. Frankie says:

Hello, love your work on the passport save the dates. I am an wedding and event planner. I have the hardest task of all this year planning my own party (smile). I want to do a travel theme and this would be perfect. However, do you have some suggestion for some wording for my 40th birthday party. Let me know as I think I will be purchasing the pre-designed if I can come up with some wording.

46. Aylee says:

Hi Jessica… yes you can edit the template and add whatever you need to add. The difference between the free basic template and the pre-designed one are the images. Images (eagle and background) are included in the pre-designed template. These can be deleted if you don’t want them.

47. Jessica says:

Hello,

I also wanted to know if I can be able to edit the template and add my stuff.

48. abby says:

love this.. thanks very much!
    question: how did you do the background travel stamps?

49. Jo Anne Sicat says:

Hi,
    I wanted to know before I purchase the passport template if I am able to edit/remove any wedding related drawings/pictures. I am using this as a birthday invitation for my 4- year old son.

50. Elizabeth says:

Wonderful, thank you!!!!!

1. March 11, 2009

[…] DIY Passport Invitations? I found one through Aylee Bits that was really nice. Passport Invitation template – Aylee Bits You can also order a pre-designed one for $10 and just fill in your information. Hope this helps! […]

2. September 23, 2009

[…] for. But here are some of sites I’ve searched for Passposrt/Boarding Pass ideas. Hope it helps! Passport Invitation template – Aylee Bits DIY: Boarding Pass Invitation / Save The Date – Aylee Bits Passport Save The Date – Aylee Bits […]

3. November 3, 2011

[…] Aylee Bits has a wonderful template if you are wanting a passport only invitation.  I actually created Mary and Luke’s using […]

4. October 16, 2012

[…] first one is from Ayleebits. Although very girly in pink it really strikes me. Pink is not my favorite color but you would be […]

5. March 20, 2014