Some people think that having a theme for a wedding is tacky and juvenile. I’m having one and hopefully my wedding will still come out beautifully. I didn’t think about having a theme at first. But when I started to gather ideas for my wedding, I got so confused and my thoughts and ideas were all over the place. I want too many things and they don’t all go together. So I decided to stick to a theme that fits my venue and location – we’re going nautical.
- Having a theme enables me to narrow down the list of ideas and items I like and will use.
- It makes it easier to figure out all the details and have them all tie together.
- Establishing a theme at the beginning of my wedding planning allows me to focus on certain ideas which in turn gives me more time to focus on finding cheaper ways to implement those ideas.
Here are some tips I picked up:
- Do a theme that represents who you are or what you like.
- Do not go overboard. Having a theme does not mean every little detail should follow that theme.
- Themes do not have to be all out. It can be as simple as having a color motif.
If you’re having a theme, please do share by leaving a comment below.