We need to always be prepared when we go to places, exotic or not.Â I always carry a med kit with me when I travel.Â I use one of the pouches that I get for free when I buy cosmetics, then I fill it with meds that I might need for my vacation.Â I always try to put my med kit in my carry-on luggage if possible just in case my checked baggage/s get lost or delayed.
Here’s a checklist I got from an article by Hannah Wallace at the Endless Vacation magazine July/August 2007 edition:
- Blister supplies (bandages or Band-aids in different sizes, moleskin, antibiotic cream)
- Hydrocortisone cream – one thing I couldn’t live without when traveling
- Insect repellent – another thing I couldn’t live without when traveling.Â The bugs either love me or hate me so much.
- Motion sickness med – I haven’t had motion sickness for a long time now so I don’t usually take some with me, but it is probably a good idea to take some next time.
- Pain reliever – I always carry both ibuprofen and acetaminophen
- One dose of antibiotics – this I’ve never done
- Prescription med
Additional stuff in my med kit:
- Antihistamine – I’m allergic to some seafood and my own sweat!
- Written prescriptions – tucked in my wallet just in case I lose my prescription meds
- Orasol gel – I don’t know, I just take some with me
- Antibacterial hand sanitizer – for when eating those lunches in the middle of an outdoor adventure